"Hi, my name is Lyle Thomas, Owner of Computer-Techs. Because we see SO MANY poorly secured computer networks installed by amateur techs, I've decided to put together a mini "acid test" for business owners like you to determine whether or not their network really IS being supported properly."
If your technician does not score a "yes" on every point, you could be paying for substandard support AND be wide open to a very expensive, very frustrating computer disaster. Here are a FEW of the questions you should ask:
- Do they answer their phones "live" and respond to support issues within 1 hour or less?
- Do they have the ability to monitor your network 24-7-365 to make sure critical security settings, virus definitions, and security patches are up-to-date and protecting you from online criminals, viruses, and hackers?
- Do they INSIST on monitoring an offsite as well as an onsite backup, or are they letting you rely on outdated tape backups?
- Do they INSIST on doing monthly test restores of your backups to make sure the data is not corrupt and can be restored in the event of a disaster? If they aren't doing that, how can you possibly know for SURE that you could be backed up and running again in the event of a critical network disaster?
- Can they provide you with multiple client references to validate that customers ARE happy with their services?